Happy Thanksgiving in advanced to all my American and even non-American readers. I think it's a good time for all of us to reflect on the blessings in our lives. Sure, we all have our obstacles and difficulties, some have it worse than others, but I'm sure there is something we all can be thankful for. That something that motivates you to get up in the morning, or that goal that you strive for that gets you through your day. Be sure to stuff up on delicious foods, and perhaps take the time in helping those who aren't as fortunate as yourself. And if you're interested at all, click here to take a look at the reality of the turkey industry.
Here is a list of some of the things I am thankful for:
1. Friends. I know it's cliche, but honestly the friends I have made recently and those that I've known for so long are truly amazing support. They are genuinely good and sweet people and I don't think I could have made the progress I have made in being a better person without them.
2. Family. They have put up with a lot of crap from me, especially my sister and my father, and for that I am eternally thankful. They are compassionate and understanding and I am so grateful to have such a strong backbone in my family.
3. Music. Nothing like both your car speakers and your laptop speakers breaking that makes you realize just how powerful music truly is. I absolutely miss listening to techno in my car, or zoning out to music while working on my laptop, and it makes me grateful because music is a typical passion we all share, one that influences the soul and, if it's especially good, makes my heart race and body shake.
4. Inspiration in fantasies. It's truly a great thing to be inspired, and better to have such a broad motivational topic that I feel I can never run out. I am deeply passionate about fantasies and find everyone’s to be quite fascinating, my own to be my most favorite, of course. Whether it be pretending you are a fairy tale princess or perhaps just envisioning yourself in your dream career. It's so important to dream, to believe, and then in turn, to accomplish. It's something that has helped me get out of the rut in my life and be able to look forward in my life with anticipation and excitement, not to mention motivation to begin my adventures now rather than wait for it to come to me.
5. Life itself. I am thankful for my life. For my opportunities, for my brain, for my intelligence, for my body, for my health, for my lovers and acquaintances, for all the people that have influenced me, for the passions in my life, for all the events in my life, good or bad, that helped me learn and better myself, for my ability to have freedom and opinions, and not be persecuted for it. I am thankful for my life and I cannot wait what life has in store for me in the future.