Monday, August 18, 2008

a personal style evolution.

Summer - Falling Down the Rabbit Hole


I was reflecting upon my summer style in an attempt to drag out some inspiration. Over the summer, I realized my clothes weren't so much "chic", as it was inspired by certain things. It was very much "raver" or "party girl", in a less obnoxious way, with a twist of Japanese "kawaii" flair, mixed with edgy studded belts here and there, and as much color as possible. It was all about making life a constant trip in a drug-free sense, and just living life. It made me think of the scene in Alice in Wonderland, when Alice is tumbling down the rabbit hole, and everything is flashing in colors, and she's opening and closing different drawers and moving things here and there. It's overwhelming but in the most exhilarating way possible. Everything was so new and so wonderful, and most definitely, tons of fun.

Fall - Tea Party


Last night I saw the movie How to Steal a Million with Audrey Hepburn, and I just adored her wardrobe! It very much reminded me of my last post, with such polished hair, sweet blouses, fabulous skirts, when it hit me - I want to dress that way. I want to dress every day as if I was going to a luxurious tea party, even if it's just going to school. After all, once school comes in the fall, the majority of my year will be spent there, so why not make the best of it? Why not make it a tea party? It's the only way I can see myself surviving anyway. It is very different than my summer style, but I suppose it just comes with the season, or perhaps a sense of maturity? I no longer feel the need to stand out via bright colors and candy bracelets, but rather I am so excited to wear fabulous coats, bubble skirts, ankle boots, and ruffled blouses. I may incorporate little things here and there, like a hello kitty necklace, or neon bows, because I'm not changing myself as a person, just a style evolution! It also hit me, that like Alice, I have gotten to a new part of my adventure - the Mad Hatter and March Hare's tea party! I suppose you'll have to stay tuned to see how it goes, when school does start I will begin posting my daily outfits! (Which should keep me motivated to stay away from sweats like previous years).

13 comments:

Unknown said...

And a bow in your hair.

Richel said...

I love the tea party collection. so wonderful. this is a fucking fabulous post because I honestly want to always dress whimsically now!

Penny said...

i love the picture with the dog-tooth skirt.
love love love audrey hepburn!

Couture Carrie said...

Hi, that collage rocks!!! And I love the high-waisted houdstooth skirt! Must go rent How to Steal a Million right now :)

xoxox,
CC

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Oh-oh, "How to Steal a Million" is one of my favorite Audrey films--it is so funny and I love how she "theme" dresses to meet her "theif." ^_^
Sounds like a very delightful fall wardrobe!

Sydneydoll said...

i like the teacup picture.

very stylish.

..... said...

i really think people right now are obssesed with dolls and alice in wonderland tale ! i love it too :)

Marian said...

what a gorge post! Audrey does that quaint,lady like thing so well.That houndstooth is fabu!
kisses,
Marian

diana said...

inspiring!
Audrey Hepburn is such an icon!

love her

besos

Angela said...

i shouldn't love hello kitty anymore but i do still.

Lana said...

Like your summer style! Those Reebok sneakers are cool.
But I would love to see you rock the Audrey style too!

Unknown said...

"How to Steal a Million" is HANDS DOWN my favorite movie of all time. It is great, isn't it?

love your "alice" inspired post as well. fabulous!

Jasmine said...

Love this pics